Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stuff on the wall

Hooray! I finally finished the birthday countdowns I wanted to do for the boys! Inspired by my hottie friend Jeska White, I wanted to make countdowns to help the boys understand when their actual b-days are (instead of all week long) so I got these index card holders from the dollar bin, printed the numbers and letters, added stickers (shout out to Uncle Joel for hooking us up w/the cool skull stickers!) then attached velcro on each side, hung em on a ribbon and viola! Nate gets skulls and Zach gets surf - by the way, it's tough to find boyish stickers that dont have cartoons on em. Each box will have a small little something in it. Here is the number side
and here is the letter side, it just happened to work out that we had the perfect amount of number to spell "Happy Birthday!" and "HappyBirthday"
the close up: Yeah that's right, we rock the skulls around here!
I also finally got around to hanging up our family portraits that Danielle took forever ago at the Spring Mops Fundraiser. I wanted to put all 3 pictures together instead of adding 3 more frames to our "full of pictures of ourselves" walls. But custom framing is expensive and no one pre-made what I needed so I got a "float" frame and put them together myself.
Another new thing on the wall (in my bathroom) is Nate's Prize Chart. If you know Mindi then you know she likes charts and during a "disciplining" discussion we had a our Mops table (Frontierland Rules!) she brought up charts so we're givin it a try. I just feel like sometimes N8 has no motivation to behave or do what I'm asking him, so we'll see how it goes. The biggest thing I hope to accomplish... getting him to eat! Seriously this kid never wants to eat anything! So he gets a star just for eating w/o whining and crying.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Great idea, I need to do a velcro craft now!

Megan said...

Nice Jane, you got some projects completed . . . I'm slightly inspired. :)
I love that your chart shows the prize. Madilyn loves suckers so I might just try that sometime.
And your family pictures are beautiful.

Danielle said...

Im down for charts, just not making them!
Love the countdown concept, maybe Jessica would be interested in making me some birthday countdowns.....hmmmm, i wonder what i could trade her for??
I bet i could come up with something.....
And of course i love the family pics, but im a bit biased.