Friday, September 08, 2006

Take this job and ...

After seven years and seven days, I officially had my last day of work at Flipside today. It was weird. I didn't want to be all emotional and cry or whatever and I was pretty busy all day but Kevin did get me flowers and wrote me a super sappy note that made me tear up a bit (but I fought it off).
Here's a picture of my desk before I took down all my pictures of N8 and stuff. It was a little surreal when I actually walked out the door and drove away - there were a few tears but let's not talk about that. I'll still be doing some things for Kevin while I'm home as well as updating the website best I can, chili cook-off, salsa rumble, child dedications and a few other random things. I know staying at home is going to be fun, and annoying, and exciting, and trying... but I think it's the best thing for us right now. I told Kevin he might have to consider re-hiring me in six years - we'll see :)

No comments: