Friday, September 08, 2006

Come one, come all!

After leaving work early on my last day (hee hee) we headed out for our 4th annual Opening Day at the Pomoma Fair. I really like going to the fair and I think Ryan could past on it all together so the only way I can drag him there is to go opening day because admission is only $1. Everyone says its a bad day to go cause it's so crowed but when is it not crowded? The longest line we had to wait in was just to get into the parking lot, other than that it was fine. Even the walk thru the parking lot wasn't bad - and that can be treacherous! The first thing we did was get roasted corn (yum!) then checked out half the animals. Nate thought this goat was a cow. We then wandered around looking for Piggly Wiggly and finally found it on the opposite side of the fair but the Riley fries and cheeseburgers were worth the wait. Nate was a little stroller crazy so we let him wander and followed him thru the stores. He was so funny stopping to dance at all the different musics and climbing in the monster truck tire. We eventually made our way back to see the rest of the animals and get Brown Sugar Pecan ice cream from Dr. Bobs (mmm!)
We even saw a zonkey (that's half donkey half zerbra) or maybe it was a zorse - I couldn't tell.
All in all it was a very nice fair trip, we didn't even buy anything just $8 for parking, $2 for admission and about $30 in food.

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

Hi Jane,

I was reading older posts on your blog and came across a picture of Nate sitting in the wheel of a monster truck. It cracked me up because I took a picture of Micah in that same wheel when we went to the fair a couple years ago! Only, Micah didn't really fit... :) I'll have to find the pic and email it to you.