Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Top 10 things I WONT miss about upstairs neighbors

In honor of turning in the keys at the old apartment I've compiled this list. Yes it has been narrowed down to 10 - I excluded things that were really annoying one-time occurrences and only listed things that happened repeatedly.

#10 I wont miss hearing them pee
#9 I wont miss having to turn up the TV when they take a shower
#8 I wont miss when they vacuum the room above my sleeping baby
#7 I wont miss when their son destroys the flowers outside
#6 I wont miss various items thrown into the bushes along the walkway to our door, ie: cigarette butts, soda cans, trash, destroyed toys
#5 I wont miss their cat crapping in the planters by my door
#4 I wont miss fearing that my son will learn the F word by overhearing them - like the other upstairs neighbor's granddaughter did
#3 I wont miss hearing their fights escalate to violence
#2 I wont miss various things falling from their patio on to my patio and my son's toys, ie: rabbit poop (twice) bbq meat drippings (twice) - or items being thrown off their patio (beer bottles and firecrackers)
and the number one thing...
I wont miss being woken up almost everyday by their squeaking bed and moaning

8 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

Eek! Our neighbors suddenly seem like a dream! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww. That sounds AWEFUL!! We had similar issues with neighbors once...especially HATE reason #1!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Man! I think we may have had the same neighbors at one time. I'm so glad you got away from them!

Carrie said...

Hallelujah!!!

Beckie said...

Jane these are all wonderful reasons to be glad to have a house!! :) I wish I could have the same kind of list. :)

The Houghton's said...

Oh what fun it is to remember, You now have a great home (hopefully great neighbors too!)

Stef said...

what are wrong with those things?

Traci Giles said...

I swear our upstairs neighbor in the city had an orgy one night. . . er, one weekend. The whole BUILDING knew about it and of course, the main action was above Meg's room (we slept her in the pack and play in the living room). I remind myself of that every time I wist for my city life! Congratulations in full to saying goodbye to upstairs neighbors!