Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dockweiler RV Park

This last weekend we went camping with the Schelesingers at an RV park located literally at the end of the LAX runway. So why camp there? THE BEACH! Check out how close we were to it: It was so cool to be right on the sand. The forecast was to be cloudy all weekend but it was beautiful! I wasnt even planning for us to spend time on the beach at all but we totally did. Lucky thing I accidentally left sunblock in the trailer or my boys would have been burned!We didnt even have sand toys so my trailer bowls and spoons had to be sacrificed!The boys had alot of fun playing in the sand and Nate loved playing in the water and "jumping" over wavesHere's a reference of how close the airport was: Every once in a while a BIG plane would go by and you'd have to stop talking and wait till it passed but it wasnt bad at all. I kept forgetting about them in between the big ones. I assumed they stopped going eventually at night because they never woke us up but one night Zach woke up at 3 and I heard them still going. They didnt even wake us up in the mornings, we slept till at least 7:30 everyday (I cant ask for more with my guys) It was cool having the Schlesingers there, Gina makes me want to "nice" up my trailer - she has matching dishtowels where I have my old crappy stained ones. But check out my cool window coverings and slipcovers. We inspired each other I think!Zach and Nate were both really into seeing Momo everyday. They missed her on our last day.
Just hangin in the trailer:Ryan has always hated these socks of Nate because they are slightly skinny and N8 had wide feet so Ryan decided to take out his frustrations and burn this pair (too bad we have a whole pack of them still)After the Schlesingers left we took a drive to Santa Monica pier for shaved ice and just to hang out.
All in all we liked this campground, I think we'll be back before the summer is over!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Great pictures! (and I only have matching towels because Letty bought them for me :) ) Before that I had stained crappy ones...hehe! I can't wait to go camping with you guys again.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast! Someday we'll get a trailer and be able to do this too. I'm guessing they don't have tent spots?