Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yum yum yum yum yum, delicioso

Today Nate and I made Valentine cupcakes for Ryan to take to work and me to take to Flipside Service Planning meeting (sorry Flipside office folks, we met off-site) I LOVE making cupcakes but I rarely eat them. Nate had a fun time helping me (and tasting) but hands down his favorite part was licking the beaters (3 times)
Who needs a cupcake? The frosting is the best part!

Here's my favorite frosting tip in case you never heard it: put your frosting in a ziplock storage bag, squeeze to 1 corner, cut of 1/4 inch of the corner and you have a perfect pastry bag for icing cupcakes that is super easy to use and faster than doing it with a knife. My best cupcake tip is: if your cupcakes run over the top sides of your liners and look like mushrooms, heat your oven to 375 degrees and when you put your cupcakes in, turn it down to 350.


Here is my recipe for:
Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
(adapted from my mom's recipe in the Flipside cookbook)
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 cube (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1 box (1 lb.) of powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste (shout out to Jen for getting me this from Trader Joe's)
(if you dont have vanilla bean paste, use 1 tsp regular vanilla extract)

Cream all ingredients with an electric beater.
- Makes enough to cover 1 cake or 24 cupcakes.
- Excellent on carrot cake, chocolate cake or brownies too.

Jenn Corbett: my cupcakes miss you!

3 comments:

The Bridesmaids and man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life According to Alisha said...

That was seriously the best cupcake I've ever had. Hands down you are the best cupcake maker!

The Corbett's said...

Oh Jenn misses your cupcakes too!!!! I love the cupcake tips also. Your a genious :)