Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Eating - take 1

Yesterday I tried giving Zach food for the first time. I was gonna hold out for 6 months cuz he is gaining weight well, it lowers risks of allergies and well, that's what I did with Nate. I thought Zach was ready because he was totally reaching for food and seemed to give a look like he knew what was going on when he watched us eat. Anyways it didn't happen. I gave him the super yummy rice cereal and water mix and when I put the spoon in Zach just let it dribble out and gave me a look like "What are you doin?" I thought he'd just eat it up because that's what his brother did
This picture looks like he's grubbin down but he only wanted the spoon. So maybe he's just not ready, I'll try again in a couple of days. I really don't want to mix his cereal with formula because 1 - he's never had formula and 2 - I want him to be able to eat it with water because that's easier to make when you're out.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Careful about those seat thingies! I saw some real horror stories on Good Morning America, that they're really not safe on tables and babies can easily topple out and get seriously injured!

BTW this is my blog name. ;)

Ryan, Jane, Nate and Zach said...

Oh yeah - Zachy is the king of arching his back so he can almost bust out of his seat!
Dont worry, we usually use it on the floor.

Taylor said...

Hey Jane! So cute...they get big so fast! Just so you know...Bumbos are recalled, so if you take it back to a store, you'll get a credit for it! I just took mine back yesterday!