Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer Projects

I have given myself 3 summer projects to do. I'm not sure why I'm labeling them "Summer Projects" cuz it's not like I'm less busy than before now that we dont have school one day a week. If anything we'll probably be busier now that everyone else can hang out with us (hint, hint, hang out with us) anyways...
Project #1
Update my photo albums.
The picture you see above was the last one in my album. It's from June 06! Two years since I printed pictures! So now I have a billion files to go thru and sort out what to print, I'm scared that it will be like 900 photos! Also I need some good albums. My "post-scrapbooking days" albums are all different sizes and shapes, I'd really like to re-do them all into a nice streamline row of similar size books. And NO! I'm not going to scrapbook them. I'm a blogger, not a scrapper. Those days came and went. I miss the good ol' peel and stick 6 pictures on a page books like we had when I was a kid. Now everything is pockets - yeach! And they are all like 2 pictures per page, I'll need like 100 albums! Anyone seen any nice bulk style albums out there?
Project #2
Complete the boys' 1st year books.
I've book looking for "the perfect book" for each of my boys' 1st year of portraits and their 1st year calenders. Unfortunately I've pictured the perfect book and now nothing I find lives up to it. Here's what I want: a 12x12 scrapbook style book with drop in protectors, 40-50 sides of pages, 2 matching books that's arnt exactly the same, preferably some sort of cute window or personalization on the front and on sale. Once I saw the perfect book that also made into a box (awesome, I know) but I think all my stuff inside would be too thick for it. See, I'm pretty picky that's why I havent found the right book yet.
Project #3
Make Birthday Advents
My friend Jeska is so awesome. She made these birthday advents for her kids http://whitesandbaby.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/its-the-final-countdown/
and they make me super jealous so I am determined to get mine done. N8's B-day is Dec and Zach's just passed so I have time I just dont want to be cramming to get it dont in Nov. It's perfect cuz their B-days are the 13th and 15th so I'll make Nate's "HAPPYBIRTHDAY" = 13 and Zach's will add a space and an exclamation mark. I'm thinkin I'll put skulls or flames on them because I am just that dorky.

4 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

Yeah... I started Kait's baby scrapbook when she was a baby and it's STILL not done. :(

I got a set of 3 albums at Costco and I found them on their website here. Mine are black though.

I know Kolo carries carries scrapbook albums with a place for a pic in the cover but they're a little plain...and expensive. I'll let you know if I come across anything. :)

Rhymes with Queen said...

They have peel and stick albums at borders. I have 2 and they're pretty awesome. Not only are they easy but they have really cool designs on them

Kyle, Deanne, Lauren, Gracie, Isabel, and Sophia said...

You might think about going to kodak or some other online service and doing on your books online, and having them print them. I am really happy with my book, and you can put their pictures on the front.

Jessica said...

Way to set goals! I still have to make a countdown for Riley and I think I have exhausted all of my creativity for the year already.