Thursday, September 20, 2007

Charly 10/5/90 - 9/18/07

I heard about Charly before I met her. People at Flipside were saying she was a "Mini-Me" (Austin Powers was out at the time) Then one night there she was, a beautiful little girl with long brown hair.
I loved having a Mini-Me, she was so cute, 1 night we actually both showed up to church wearing hot pink plastic pants! What are the odds? Of course I had to capture the moment on film:Charly even played "me" in a Flipside video, they were talking about how the kids at Flipside were the next generation to lead it and she jumped up on the stage to give the announcements in an imitation of me. :)
My favorite Charly memory was 1 time when me and Kevin drove out to LA to see Char at the Children's Hospital. We figured the best way to cheer her up was to make fools of ourselves. So in the elevator going up, we quickly put on SPACEMAN SUITS! Charly looked at us like: What is wrong with you? But then she thought it was funny. Of course I DID NOT capture this moment on film - no way. The funny part is the nurses there really didn't look at 2 lost spacemen roaming the halls as weird :)
Charly was a special girl, I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet her. Rip it up in Heaven Charly!

3 comments:

Stef said...

Thank you for sharing this!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect post Jane.

The Corbett's said...

Two really cool chicks in realy cool pants. :) We will miss you Charly!!!