Saturday, December 13, 2008

Aint no party like a birthday party

And here's another party. Saturday was Nate's Family party and iif was definatly weird missing so many Reynolds but Chase and Kenna were both able to make it! What's with all the tongue pictures? I don't know, all I care about is if he's looking at the camera.
More presents.
More cupcakes.
Here's a funny story I never blogged about. When we went to take photos for Nate's invites, I wanted to go to this skate park so they would be all cement-y looking and just different from "out in the backyard" photos like I did last year. So when we got there it was super sunny and harsh shadows so the only shade was in the pipe.
Looking in I wasn't totally sure if we'd be able to get back out but the only way to find out was to try it. So I slid the boys down and slid down myself. Then we did our pictures. Now here's the funny part: I couldn't get us out!
There were 2 levels we had to get up, I got us all up the first level but the second one was about 5 foot high (see the red lines) which I can lift my kids that high but the wall sloped. So try standing 3 feet away from a ledge that's 5 foot high and lifting an almost 4 year old up, then over. Was not possible. So lucky for us, some loser-y skater guy on his way home from the liquor store (totally had the bottle in the brown bag) had stopped to watch us, probably assuming we couldn't get out on our own. So I basically had to hand him both of my children and then he pulled me out. Crazy eh?

No comments: