Thursday, November 12, 2009

Recycled Fashion

So I heard Flipside was doing a fashion show where all the items were going to be made out of recycled stuff and household products and I knew I wanted to make a skirt out of ties - don't know why I've just wanted too for a long time. 1 thing I learned is that a whole bunch of mismatched ties are ugly! But thanks to my friend Becky and Travis at the Closet I had 92 ties donated to pick from! I sorted them into colors and blue was the biggest pile so I made my skirt from the big ends and the little ends of the ties and it was easier than I thought it would be! But then I decided I wanted it to be an outfit and since adding more ties would make the colors ugly again, all I could use was the leftover middles which wasnt alot of fabric so I made a hootchie backless top (but dont worry I'll wear a shirt under it for the show) Here's the top:
and here's the skirt:
and I decided after I made it that it needed shoes but the shoes needed 2 matching ties so I did purchase these Halloween mummy ties at the Dollar Tree:
(I know my toes look crazy in this photo - the shoes are old and dont really fit me well)
I also made a skirt for McKenna and we will be walking the show together :) Hers is way more cute cuz I bought a couple more Halloween ties for hers:
So cute!
If you love my outfit and must have it, it will be up for silent auction after the show on Saturday.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awesome job Jane! :)You are one talented gal!