Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oh yes, I did it!

(actually last week but this is the first chance I've had to blog it)
On Monday I took the 2 boys to Disneyland all by myself. I really wanted to accomplish this sooner or later and I didn't want to be scared of doing it. So how'd it go? Great! We had such a nice time, no agenda to stick to, I let Nate wander and pick where we went alot. He was awesome; no whining, no crying, ate his lunch, played nearby while I fed Zach, no protesting when it was time to go. My only flaw was not realizing that D-land opened at 10 and getting there at 10:30 so it took a while to get on the tram and thru security but we spent all our time at DCA so it wasn't the least bit crowded.
We partied it up at the Playhouse Disney show (I thought they were going to update this?) and spent most of our time in A Bug's Land. We did go see Lightning McQueen and Mater (Nate is super obsessed with everything relating to Cars the movie right now) but my "usually brave" boy freaked a little at the GIANT versions of his tiny cars and their engines rumbling so we don't have a good picture of him with them yet.

We hit up all the tiny rides in Bugs Land (no Zachy did not ride next to Nate on Flick's Flyers that was just for the picture) But I found out this was not a great ride to spend trying to get a picture cuz halfway thru the ride I thought I was gonna loose it. So afterward I had to sit down and the closest spot was the Puddle Park so of course Nate had to venture into the water. I thought it would be too cold for him but he didn't care - it's like his favorite thing to do. (check out that rainbow) So after he soaked all his clothes it was time to go home with 1 last stop at the family bathroom (I love those!) Here he is trying to be a big boy in the little urinal, it's too bad you shouldn't put little naked bootys on the web, it's such a cute one! BTW potty training started this Friday, so far it's only been a success when he's been a nudy - we'll see how it goes :)



3 comments:

Erin said...

You are braver than me! I totally chickened out! Plus, I think that was one of the days that Jacob was up the whole night before and he would have made for horrible company... excuses, excuses. :)

Hey, I didn't know they were going to update playhouse disney. I kep telling Geric that they should. Whenever Jamie asks the kids who is going to say good-bye, you can only hear the castmembers saying, "Luna!" Kinda sad.

Stef said...

I love the censor!!!

The Corbett's said...

Wow I am really impressed!! Good for you. We miss you guys too :)