Sunday, December 03, 2006

Feelin hot, hot hot!

This Sunday was the 5th Annual Chili Cook-off at Flipside. I can't believe it's been 5 years since the first one! I didn't decide until the morning before the competition that I was actually going to make a chili. I'd been feeling a little overwhelmed so I thought I'd skip it this year but I kept thinkin about it and thinkin about it and finally decided Saturday morning to use a recipe I had heard of on the Food Network that contained no fresh ingredients; all frozen, dried or canned. So here is the masterpiece:
Mmm looks good eh? It was OK, I really missed having that "weird" element I usually had (like last year's pumpkin chili) but it's fun just to be a part of the action at the cook-off. I even sang a little karaoke after most people had left and I could finally stop "workin." Only a select few got to hear my lovely rendition of "Little Red Riding Hood" by Sam the Sham (my dad used to sing that song alot and it always reminds me of him.) Here's me and the girls from Bible Study that made chili. Carrie, Allison and me were "hot mommas."

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Work those aprons girls! = )

Carrie said...

That's right! Hot, hot, HOT! It's always a fun event. Maybe I'll win some year.

Anonymous said...

Who won?
You always do a great job putting these events together :)