Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Attack of the giant stockings!!!

Since last year Nate used the stocking we use to use for our cat and we knew there would be a need for a 4th stocking, I was determined to get new stockings this year.
But have you seen the ones in the store? They are tiny - like 5 inches wide! I needed more room than that, espcially since me and Ryan usually just fill each others stockings instead of a big gift. So I thought I'd make my own stockings - I did it before, I'll just make them bigger... well I couldn't find any fabric I liked (let alone time to make em.) Then my mom called from Big Lots - 'they have big stockings' she said, 'get em' I said. So here they are:
I know they're HUGE! I'm thinking I'll probably cut a foot off the top of each of them and add a matching foldover with each of our names (next year when I know what the 4th name is.)

4 comments:

Kyle, Deanne, Lauren, Gracie, Isabel, and Sophia said...

If those stockings are as big as Nate, they are the biggest I've ever seen. Isabel wore hers on her foot, and couldn't understand why I hung it on the wall.

-TP said...

Big stockings rule.

Carrie said...

Those are so freaking fantastic! I love stocking time!! Christmas is my favorite!

Stef said...

Those are the coolest ever!